The Perfect Slider Recipe for the Big Game!
The biggest football game of the year is the Super Bowl! While you begin to think about what teams might be playing, who you will be inviting over to watch, and what the day’s outcome might be, it is also time to start thinking about what food will be served to your guests! Burgers are a huge trend in the food world right now and there are so many possibilities and combinations, they make a great addition to any party spread! Here is a great recipe for stuffed burgers your guests will love!
Ingredients for Stuffed Burgers:
- 1 ½ lbs. ground beef
- 4 strips of bacon (diced)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- ½ medium onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 burger buns
- Tomato, lettuce and pickle for garnish
Directions for Stuffed Burgers:
- Clean and prepare the grill for cooking. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, garlic, hot sauce, salt and pepper until well combined. Be careful not to over mix the meat mixture – this could cause the burgers to be dry.
- In a skillet, fry bacon over medium-high heat until crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate and allow to drain. Once cooled, chop bacon and set aside.
- Add chopped onions and garlic to the same skillet and sauté with bacon fat until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, toss onion mixture, bacon, and cheese until well combined. Set aside.
- From the meat mixture, create 8, ½ inch thick burger patties and lay out on a work station.
- Spoon cheese mixture into a ball and place one ball on the center of each of 4 burger patties.
- Top each patty with another burger patty and pinch around the edges until the burger is closed. Creating a tight seal is important to keeping all the ingredients inside the burger
- Grill burgers directly on the grill grate, flipping once until the burgers are the desired doneness. For medium doneness, the burgers should be cooked for 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the burgers from the grill and allow to rest slightly, for about 5 minutes.
- Serve burgers on the burger buns with the tomato, lettuce and pickles as garnish.
This is a burger you are going to absolutely love. Best of all, you can change out ingredients to suit your group’s tastes! Now fire up that grill and let’s eat!